Friday, July 3, 2009

Eight-legged Freaks

I keep having nightmares about spiders. I am not particularly afraid of spiders, but in my dreams I just can't seem to escape them. They are everywhere; hanging above my head, webs tangling my legs as I try to walk, under the covers, crawling down my back. What disturbs me the most is that these are almost nightly recurrences. When its not the arachnophobia-inducing nightmares, I dream about equally horrible circumstances: fighting off burly, bulletproof intruders; someone close to me dying; my husband leaving me. C said listening to strong bass in music makes you have nightmares, but I dont know if I am buying it. I think the spiders might have something to do with the few that are still lingering around the exterior of the house after surviving The Great Pressure Wash. But why would I dream about them in my bed and falling on me?
Any ideas?

Now maybe if I fall asleep with a can of Raid in my hand...

5 comments:

J said...

Ew! I hate spiders! We live near the water so there are trillions living outside our house! And they're these huge nasty things too! Ugh just thinking about it makes me cringe!

S said...

On Tuesday I dreamt that I felt something under the covers and when I pulled them back there was a huge spider the size of a dinner plate on my legs!!!!!!!

S said...

Water spiders are the worst...they look dangerous with those weird markings!!

Ana Lee said...

I'd tell Sonny to watch out if you fall asleep with a can of Raid, hahaha.

I've been having really weird dreams lately too. I'm blaming it on the heat.

S said...

Oh! I didnt even think of the heat! That could be it.... I've been outside a lot lately, have you?