Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Birthday

Im sure no one really cares, but I wanted to write about my birthday for a minute.
So last year, when I turned 21, Sonny proposed to me on my birthday. He was going to wait for the next day when we were going to the beach, but couldnt help it :).

So this birthday, being my first as a married woman, I was excited to see how it would compare.
It started out pretty normal. We went for breakfast at Waffle House (pecan waffle for me) and then drove around Athens. Sonny blindfolded me and disoriented me so that I wouldnt know where we were going. He went in to the store and bought my present and then we went to Ben and Jerrys to get an ice cream cake. (If you know me, you know that I would eat ice cream in the North or South Pole during winter in the middle of a blizzard. And yes, I know its December). We had tickets to a UGA basketball game, so we went home to eat cake and open my present. Much to my surprise, he bought me this killer softshell from Patagonia that I have wanted for over a year. I was thrilled. We had cake and left for the game. Come to find out, we had passes to that private hospitality reception thing before the game and had lunch and listened to a team representative answer questions (and had a sweet parking spot). And then our seats. Floor seats. Like I could see the sweat on the players foreheads and see the fibers in their laces. It was sweet. Ive never been that close. The box seats at the Jazz game were cool, but this was awesome. Needless to say, the Dawgs won.
So we got home and hung out. We had the best time just talking. I wont go in to detail about anything else. But probably the second best birthday ever.

2 comments:

Ana Lee said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had a great day.

Jennifer said...

Happy late birthday! What a sweet present! Glad you had fun!