So I met some new people recently. One is a classmate of C's and then there are some girls from church. I don't think there is anyone in his class who is married.
His classmate, I'll call her Princess Jasmine, is a sweetheart. She's outgoing, and funny, a little crass, and reminds me of my roommate/sister-from-another-mother E. Princess Jasmine, however, is gorgeous. Not just run of the mill pretty, but exotically stunning. Maybe I'm a little insecure around her, especially since my husband is taken with her too. [Read: why can't he ever be friends with ugly girls?]. They have this teasing, easy, comfortable relationship that sometimes I feel a little out of place when I'm around them. Like I'm a stranger interfering. It's only been two weeks and they act like they've been friends their whole lives. She has a long-distance boyfriend, which is helpful
However, she has been more open and warm with me than the church crowd so far.
The church girls invited me to a boot camp on Saturday morning, but I felt like it wsa still hard to reach them. I HATE making new friends: it takes so long to get to that easygoing level. Maybe its because I don't have kids like they do, or that they have been friends for a little while, but I still felt like an observer to their conversations as I drove us to and from boot camp.
So here I am, after three weeks:
--Befriending Sonny's classmates and swallowing my pride/insecurities in regards to Princess Jasmine
--Trying to figure out how to get through to this group of women who don't need me to be their friend but who I need like a fish needs water.
I'm pathetic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You aren't pathetic. I love your posts, thanks for inviting me! You erally are a great writer. I admire that!
Post a Comment