Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nutritional Content

So I'm on my lunch break and I want something quick. I decided to go to BK to get a Whopper, since they are supposed to be better for you than MC'Ds and there wasnt a better alternative in this backwoods town I'm in today. I ordered a Whopper and a side salad. Out of curiosity I asked the lady if they had the nutritional content of their food. She said she thought so, so i drove to the second window to get my food. When the window opened I heard someone laughing "--nutritional information?" and looked over to see a 300+ lb employee handing the pamphlet to the window person with a smile on her doughy face. THEN, the person at the window handed me a bucket with a plastic lid and a straw filled with a carbonated beverage. "This is a medium?" I asked. "Yes" came the reply.
Sheesh. No wonder Americans die of obesity and heart disease more than any other country. Our "small" is yesterday's "medium" and our "large"s could serve well as bathtubs.

[Disclaimer: should any fellow amateur triathletes or even midly athletic friends read this, please dont judge me for eating fast food while in training--there honestly was nothing else!!!]

2 comments:

Ana Lee said...

Seriously! I am always amazed how big a small is these days, it's ridiculous.

Jennifer said...

hahaha, have you seen Supersize Me? ugh! ...But hey, I love my french fries!