Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grateful

On this day of family and food, I take a moment to reflect on the things I am most thankful for. I have to say first and foremost, I am grateful beyond words for a love deeper and more profound than I ever could have imagined. I am blessed to be married to a man that loves and respects me. I never believed that marriage could be as deep as this. With him I feel so secure , so cherished, and so trusting that I would put my life in his hands without a second's hesitation. I know if he read this he would be embarrassed, but sometimes I want to climb to the highest peak and shout so that the world knows that I have found my Prince Charming, my hero, my dream, and he is more perfect than I could have ever hoped for. Second, I am grateful for the love and support of family (of both blood and marriage) that have made our lives possible and fulfilled. I am grateful for a gospel of light and truth that makes it possible for me to have and hold the aforementioned blessings for all of eternity. As I sit here on the back deck of the lake house, and look at the peaceful water and the hazy pink sunset, I cant help but marvel at all the little steps (and big events) that have led to my life at this point. I am grateful for every one of my past mistakes and heartbreaks, for they have all lead to this point and it was all worth it.
As I trained a little for my triathlon today, I was thinking about my husband who will be started medical school. It is ironic that my mother was in the same situation as I am now and only a year older than me; she too worked to put my father through medical school and she even bought him his first stethoscope. Yet somehow I know that my experience will deviate dramatically from hers. I look forward to these next years with anticipation and optimism. I know how bright he is and how dedicated he is to his dreams and I am excited to see them come to fruition.
I hope everyone takes a few moments this day in their post-turkey haze to think about what they are most grateful for.
So to anyone who reads this, and all who dont, Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Ana Lee said...

You are so sweet. This is a precious blog. You and Sonny are the cutest couple ever! Tell the Evan's hello for me. I hope things are well in GA!