Thursday, May 8, 2008
Thoughts from inside the wheel 2
The hamster continues to run furiously, trying to get somewhere. But running in place never gets you far. I had an interview this week and it looks promising. I feel almost naughty, as if Im a double agent. When I was asked why I was leaving, I squirmed a little, but then I remembered that I saw a fellow coworker get fired to give someone who quit his job (and I can't stand her). I've seen a managing partner that is on vacation or at a board meeting (for something completely irrelevant to the practice) more than he is at work. I've had piles of busywork heaped on my already teetering pile so that someone else doesn't have to do it (even though it would take him five minutes). I did my boss's Christmas cards even though his wife doesn't work and their kids are in school. Do your own damn cards! I didn't get an A in all my English and writing classes at the university to write your holiday cards to your extended family. When someone suggested bonuses or raises, no eye contact was made and something about offering better health insurance was offered as an explanation. Of course they dont care! They, with their 800,000.00 houses and brand new SUVs. Their kids in private schools and family vacations every two months. Its the typical Republican sentiment: keep the little guys down so you can get richer. I'm sick of working for these people. I quit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment